Wednesday, December 9, 2009

why is this wind so sad today


Why is this wind so sad today?
Something feels very wrong
Like it has been mourning a death
For far too long

With the dying light everyday
The sun within me dies too
With the rains incessantly lashing away
The phoenix in me cries too

My tears, my wounds.
It is the gaze of the onlookers
That makes it a performance.

When the world becomes devoid of voices
The happy sad noises,
The stillness that befalls
As sudden and as complete
Like the silence after an explosion
And the existence feels conscious
Stands stark naked
Before the Self’s judging eyes




Evenings often make me very sad. This poem talks about self introspection. Sometimes thoughts just follow a very random direction. You begin with something and you end up with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment