Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rainbow










Beads of nectar
On shivering winter lips,
This morning the rainbow drips.

The jingle of anklets
Of the dancing drizzle,
Is a song I hum in yellow summer.
Beyond the window
At the tip of arched leaves
A thousand galaxies glimmer.

Into the wet world outside
Sauntering through the square hearth,
Eyes brimmed with the tears of June
Rejuvenating the barren earth.
A vision rain-soaked.

Glint from dews
Bright rainbow hues
The sunshine soaked in showers
I pluck gently
Hold them in loving palms
And as I breathe in,
Their fragrance fills a void.

Stealthily,
I'll hide away this rain
In a heart's corner
To balm the scorched summers
Quench the thirst of parch hearts.


This was written in Dec 2004. I don't know what I was doing thinking of rains in the middle of winters, but anyways. The poem speaks about cherishing the good times to live through the tough ones. Sometimes happy memories give us a lot of strength to survive trying situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment