Thursday, December 10, 2009

Virgin Heart


The sensuous soft curves of candle smoke
Rising yet melting in the dark,
Mist fairies swaying across lonely lake
Vanishing slowly in mellow morning spark

Your scent’s there somewhere
Amidst the floss of moments apart,
Amidst the gloss of a virgin heart,
Your scent’s there somewhere!

In the kiss of the soothing rain,
In the silence of a moonlit lane,
Why do I seek you?

Oh the elusive evening glow above,
‘tis no birth of beauty
But a sleep of unspent love.

Tantalizing images in the unwatchful eye
Vapour, they vapour
As I try
To touch them, hold them close....

Laughter of dreams is night’s music
Are a gentle blush on her face.
The blessing is a sweet restlessness,
Aching and twisting in their soft caress

But dreams they are
Slip as sand does
From the clutches of realism.
And I am left;
With your scent again
And yet so lonely, yet so reft…



A very special poem for me indeed. I wrote it in my 10th grade. What makes it special is that it was my first romantic poem, something that I still very rarely write and I was honestly surprised to find out that I could compose something like this.

2 comments:

  1. These are soooo awesome.....one on me as well please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey..really a sweet poem...i liked it...kp up d gud wrk girl...:)

    ReplyDelete