Saturday, March 6, 2010

Coffee Stains

That day,
as you left the room,
you took
all the light with you.

now all
that remains -
are the
coffee-stains on time-kissed pages
and the dust laden sighs of the lonely table…

The air is still moist

with your words
lips still wet with its wine…..
Was it not yesterday?
that I watched the sun
setting on your face,
and when you opened your eyes
the world was lit again?

Every night as I sleep,
moon-drenched by the window
quietly, the silence burns
in gentle silver flames
leaving behind a tear
in my dream-filled eyes….

the tear falls gently
like December's’s snow
and how it burns a summer in my heart!

too drunk on memories
when the mind becomes
I dance like the wind
barefeet, in desert’s cold sand.
while the sounds of anklets
ravage my world
in modest little storms.

the empty room breathes
heavily
in hollow broken breaths
the faint echoes of your laughter
simply spoil the mood
like a scream of green piercing from a frosted heart!





'coffee stains' is a word I like a lot for some reason (may be it has got to do something with my fondness for coffee). For me it symbolizes memories of happy times, like an old photograph of smiling faces.

The empty room in the poem symbolizes an empty heart. Although it has been portrayed a lot like a lover's lament it actually is about these being the last two months of my college and missing my friends and roomies (leo feo).

The 'burning of silence' symbolizes the quietude and loneliness of the room at night. The 'scream of green' is a new shoot or leaf in the dead of winter.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Intensity....



    Awesome prelude...




    Where the hec you themes from....???
    It goes simply superb....???




    Its like Patience paid dividends for we followers....

    ReplyDelete